HIS R9 285 Mini IceQ X² OC 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card Overview
The His R9 285 is a mid-level gaming capable graphics card that features 2GB of GDDR5 Memory and is factory pre-overclocked so users can get the most from it straight out of the box! It is based on the GCN Architecture and is compatible with Mantle, DirectX 12 and also features support for Eyefinity setups! While it definitely won’t be maxing anything out, especially at 4K, it is still a decent stop-gap GPU should you need something to tide you over for a bit, or, if you are just looking for a nice mid-range card.
|Model Name||AMD Radeon R9 285|
|Chipset||AMD Radeon R9 285 Mini IceQ X² OC 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E DLDVI-I+DLDVI-I/DP/HDMI|
|Memory Size||2048 MB|
|Core Clock||Up to 938 MHz|
|Memory Clock||Up to 5.5 Gbps|
|Memory Interface||256 bit|
|500Watt (or greater) power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended|
|DisplayPort 1.2 – 4096×2160
HDMI – 4096×2160
Dual-link DVI with HDCP – 2560×1600
|Interface||PCI Express 3.0 x16|
|Outputs||DLDVI-I + DLDVI-D + DP + HDMI|
- PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
- 500W (or greater) power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connector recommended.
- 500W power supply (or greater) with four 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors
recommended for AMD CrossFire™ technology.
- NOTE: Minimum recommended system power supply wattage is based on the specific graphics
card and the typical power requirements of other system components. Your system may require
more or less power. OEM and other pre-assembled PCs may have different power requirements.
- Minimum 4GB of system memory.
o 8GB (or more) of system memory recommended for AMD CrossFire™ technology.
- Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
- DVD playback requires DVD drive
- Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive
- For an AMD CrossFire™ system, a second AMD Radeon™ R9 285 GPU and an AMD CrossFire™ Ready
motherboard are required.
- 64-bit operating system highly recommended.
The box has to be one of my favourites when it comes to GPU’s. This is mostly due to the fact I am a sucker for blue and this box is full off it! One the front we have some references to the cooling stating it is cooler and quieter than others. Looking around the rest of the box and users will be able to find all the information they need to decide if this is the GPU for them and if it will be compatible with their system! While it is a smaller GPU, it still does require 2x 6-pin connectors from your power supply to get it running, so bear that in mind.
The HIS R9 285 has a nice look to it. It features an all black PCB and a black shroud that covers the heatsink. It comes equipped with 2x 80mm fans that provide ample cooling for the card itself. It had 2x DVI outputs, 1x HDMi and 1x Display Port so most users should be able to plug their monitors in and make use of the card right away.
They say the best way to learn something is through experience, and while you may not be able to experience holding this card, you can sure as hell get a nice look at it from the pics below so enjoy!
HIS Website: CLICK HERE
His R9 285 IceQ Mini Product Page: CLICK HERE