In recent years, online casinos have become less wild for people – their popularity has skyrocketed. It is possible that a pandemic had a certain impact on this. However, blockchain technology has played a big role in online gaming, making it possible to establish completely new and unique services – crypto casino sites.
What Are Crypto Casinos?
In order to make it easier to explain to you the meaning of crypto casinos, let’s start with their predecessors. An online casino is a platform where people can play various gambling games and then withdraw the winnings to their account. Accordingly, a cryptocurrency casino performs the same functions, but, unlike conventional ones, it carries out deposits and withdrawals with cryptocurrency.
Crypto casinos are not just “cool” – they offer plenty of benefits to the users:
- quick deposits and withdrawals;
- low fees;
- no geographical limits;
- anonymity and safety;
- plenty of bonuses.
Types of Crypto Casinos
There are three basic types of Bitcoin casinos online – they differ in the methods of deposits and withdrawals of cryptocurrency.
The first type is mixed casinos. The bottom line is that you can deposit money there both with a credit card and other common means of payment, and with the help of cryptocurrency. Let us remind you once again that crypto deposits are much more profitable for you, moreover, they will give you different bonuses.
The second type is typical crypto casinos that accept payments in cryptocurrency only. They differ from the first type only in the lack of choice for you as a user – you can deposit and withdraw money only with the help of cryptocurrency.
The third type is the most interesting. You can deposit money into the account only from your hardware wallet such as Ledger, and you can withdraw it to the same wallet you made the deposit from. These BTC casino sites attract the attention of professionals and people looking for maximum anonymity in gambling.
Are Crypto Casinos Legit?
The question of the legitimacy of a crypto casino worries, probably, everyone who plans to open an account there. Instead of discussing this topic for a long time, we will say briefly: as elsewhere, there are honest services, and there is a scam.
The best way to spot a scam is to know what to look for. Below we will give you a detailed list of red flags that you should look out for when choosing a Bitcoin casino gambling.
- The high number of bonuses may be tempting but this may be a sign of a scam. If you do not know the common bonuses casinos offer, do your research to see what offer is reasonable, and what is “too much”.
- A link to a “very trusted casino” you receive from an unknown source. Today hackers and scammers can reach you everywhere, so the possibility of receiving this link is high. Remember: no matter what they offer, don’t click the unknown links because circumstances may be very bad.
- No reviews about the casino. Of course, we may think this service is just young, no one knows about it and you found it by a happy coincidence, but in 99% of cases this website is a simple scam that may delete or block all the bad reviews.
- Many negative reviews. Well, this is obvious. If you need real reviews from users, we recommend you to check services like TrustPilot, Quora, or Reddit.
- The website itself. If you see the poor crypto casino website with mistakes in the text, etc., this may actually mean the website was created to steal money – they just didn’t make any effort and this is suspicious.
Frankly speaking, if you use popular crypto casinos that have plenty of reviews, features, and feedback, you have a very low chance of becoming a victim of scammers. The thing is that, in this field, especially when you deal with crypto, it is impossible to be a scammer that no one knows.
Crypto Casinos – Conclusions
Crypto casinos are online platforms for gambling that accept crypto for deposits and withdrawals. BTC casinos may be mixed, “crypto-only”, but this does not change their high popularity. Unfortunately, because of the high demand there are many scam crypto casinos that just take your money and you hear no answer back. That is why, our team prepared for you a clear list of points to pay attention to while looking for your best Bitcoin casino.