How many cryptocurrencies are there today?
Since 2009 Bitcoin has been the most known and used cryptocurrency in the world. But, with its creation came other interesting projects that also provide ample possibilities in the financial sector. Buying cryptocurrencies requires an exhaustive profitability study. That is why we propose some relevant assets that should be taken into account.
5 cryptocurrencies of great relevance
The Forbes magazine portal published a ranking of the 10 cryptocurrencies that any investor should take into consideration. Among the first 5 are the ones we will mention below:
- Bitcoin (BTC): it is the pioneer cryptocurrency. BTC enjoys great confidence among investors. It is a limited asset, the system is designed so that only 21 million copies can be created.
- Etherum (ETH): it is a favorite for software and applications. Smart contracts, NFT games and non-fungible tokens emerged thanks to this cryptocurrency.
- Thether (USDT): is one of the few cryptocurrencies backed by fiat currencies. As a result, it is a stable value cryptocurrency. It is ideal for investors who do not want to get into the volatility of the market.
- Binance coin (BNB): Binance is an exchange platform that has a cryptocurrency called BNB. It can be used to buy, invest, process payments and even for travel booking.
- Cardano (ADA): it has a proof of stake validation system so computers with a lot of computing power are not required. Like Etherum, it is used in the field of decentralized app development.
Other existing cryptocurrencies
For the exchange of cryptocurrencies there are other options that can be used securely:
- Dogecoin (DOGE): it is famous because it emerged as a meme, but then started to be traded after the promotion given to it by Elon Musk. It adheres to the general description of cryptocurrency, but it is very rare. People got rich by the increase of its price.
- XRP (XRP): it is from the same creators of Ripple, a well-known platform for payment processing and other technological activities. XRP is a less expensive option with more scalability range than other assets.
- Uniswap (UNI): is based on Etherum and is used for smart contracts and shares involving a group of users. The Uniswap platform is open source, i.e. freely available to the customer.
- Polkadot (DOT): is one of the recent projects that has become more relevant because its purpose is to create a network that connects different blockchains. Since its launch in 2020 it has grown by 615%.
- USD Coin (USDC): it is a cryptocurrency anchored to the US dollar with an exchange rate of 1 to 1. Like Thether, it is a stable value asset. In addition, it works with Etherum and USDC for transactions.
Platforms for cryptocurrency exchange and management.
Each of these cryptocurrencies does not operate on its own. They are found on different exchange platforms such as Bitcoin Prime. These are cryptocurrency exchange systems. These are some of the most recommended options.
- Changelly: this is a platform that allows managing more than 150 cryptocurrencies. Changelly is associated with Binance, Trezor, Coinomi and Exodus. It has a good reputation in the area, has a mobile app and multiple tools for both exchange and investment, for example, you can easily buy Digibyte on Changelly.
- Binance: is a recent company that has managed to position itself as one of the best. It is considered one of the safest exchanges. It allows trading with 150 types of cryptocurrencies. In addition, it has a wallet and P2P transactions offering up to 60 payment methods.
- Coinbase: is based in the United States, but operates in 102 countries. Its services are oriented to the secure purchase and sale of cryptoassets, but it has additional services for commercial operations and even rewards. It has a special insurance policy.