The best tools to create your own website
Today, website builders have become as common a tool as a web browser or messenger, and almost all developers and site owners use them. Due to their popularity, the number of such services has increased significantly, and now there are dozens of large and small sites on the Internet. So, what is this tool, and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
To understand what a site built with the tools in our review might look like, you can visit Bollywood Casino and similar resources. What is the best Designer to choose for creating an online store, blog, or landing page? Read this information in this article!
What is a website builder?
Website constructor is an online or offline service designed to develop a professional website of this or that type. It has a wide range of tools that allows anyone to create a website without special skills, designers, and third-party programs and then update and modify it according to your goals.
Most modern website builders have several advantages, which include these facts:
- The service makes it easy to create a professional website of almost any type, including a business card site, corporate portal, online store, blog, online store, etc.
- Good website builders have a self-explanatory and friendly interface with many handy features. You do not have to learn web programming, layout, or other disciplines to use them successfully.
- A large selection of templates allows you to quickly “assemble” sites of different topics. Special tools will help make their design more original and relevant to your goals.
- Designer allows you to quickly and conveniently edit even the most complex and voluminous sites, both as a whole and in parts – graphics, video, text, etc.
- All website data is stored on a third-party server. You can access your website from any computer or mobile gadget and transfer it from one hosting to another (not available for all designers).
- As you can see, the list of advantages makes these services very useful, and their popularity is well-deserved.
Disadvantages of designers
Meanwhile, modern website builders have not only advantages but also disadvantages, namely:
- With this service, you get a website with a template design, often with limited possibilities for editing. You can change and add to it only in the Designer, where it was created. The structure of this portal is also directly dependent on its template.
- Most designers do not allow to transfer of the site to another hosting (or require money for this). By creating a place with such a service, you will be tied to one location and forced to pay her a regular subscription fee. Otherwise, your site will be turned off.
- There may be difficulties with promoting and expanding the site – introducing software modules, scripts, plugins, etc. These services do not allow users to edit the site’s code manually. You can only install options built into the Designer for a fee.
These disadvantages make website builders not so ideal, but how critical they are – it is up to you to decide. After creating your website, you will need the original elements of its design: logo, favicon, corporate logo screen saver, a pattern, and others.
Constructors of online stores and universal sites
Services from this category are best suited for developing online stores and other types of sites, so they are as diverse and have a wide range of tools.
PrestaShop – one of the most popular online designers for e-commerce, allows you to quickly and easily create an online store of any specialization and scale. It is optimally suited for small and medium-sized businesses. It is translated into 70 languages and has more than 300 functions and 120 built-in extensions. In 2010 and 2011, PrestaShop was recognized as the best application for online commerce.
PrestaShop Designer is perfectly adapted for starting an online store from scratch, a package of its basic features is offered free of charge, and paid services begin with the choice of theme, additional modules, and engine installation on the built-in hosting. In addition, all essential options (catalog, shopping cart, reports, advertising and SEO tools, etc.) are available in the “boxed” version. You can also choose a design template for your store from over 5000 paid and free themes. Finally, you can evaluate your online store’s design, structure, and modules in a demo version before you pay for them.
The disadvantages of PrestaShop are a significant load on the server (especially for a large store with many products), so for this CMS is recommended to choose an expensive hosting with high bandwidth and disk space capacity.
The basic configuration of the constructor PrestaShop can be downloaded for free and then supplemented with paid themes, functions, and modules from the official store.
OpenCart is another well-known CMS for online stores, which is extremely popular among users. It is built on open-source code and provides many templates and modules. OpenCart is similar to PrestaShop in many ways but is more straightforward and accessible.
The main advantage of this Designer is that it’s free of charge – you can create a full-fledged online store without any one-time or regular payments—freeing the engine OpenCart and many modules and design templates.
The Designer has an extensive database of built-in templates and plugins and can install them from third-party sources. OpenCart is multilingual, so it is optimally suited for international sites. It has a built-in analytics system, which can always be integrated with the tools Google. Also, it provides a large selection of services for payment and delivery of goods.
One of the disadvantages of OpenCart is the lack of a visual interface editor, so to change the design or structure of your online store, you will need some web programming skills. In addition, some modules (both free and paid) can be unreliable – most often from third-party sources. Such problems with the performance of modules occasionally occur after an engine update. Sometimes users report issues with the mass publication of products and duplicate pages of their store on OpenCart.
OpenCart engine is free, and paid extensions and design templates can be found in its official store.
WooCommerce is a specialized plugin for CMS WordPress, allowing you to create on its basis any online store. It is considered one of the most popular online designers for trading platforms; according to statistics, about a third of all online stores were created exactly on WooCommerce.
Like the engine itself, WordPress, this add-on is free, quick, and easily installed in just a few clicks. For WooCommerce is available for many templates and plugins for sites WordPress – from the official catalog and third-party developers. In addition, CMS has a user-friendly interface and powerful administrative functionality – from the quick publication of goods and inventory control to the calculation of tax payments, marketing tools, and SEO optimization.
A definite disadvantage of WooCommerce is its demanding hosting and proper site optimization. Also, it is designed mainly for small and medium-sized businesses – optimally suited for a store with no more than 3,000 products. Also, some options of this CMS (like payment facilities and delivery methods) are adapted for US and EU markets. Finally, avoid possible conflicts between different plugins and templates, specially installed from third-party sources.
You can install WooCommerce for free, as well as themes and modules for it, in the appropriate section of the WordPress catalog.