Sabrent has released the Dual NVMe TB3 Enclosure with no drives installed giving users the flexibility to use whatever SSDs they wish. Many users may have spare drives lying around from different builds that have been redone and wish to put them back into production or for backup solutions. With the new EC-T3DN, one can do just that. If the SSDs are of the same capacity one can create a RAID out of them.
The salient features of the Enclosure are:
- Turn two NVMe SSDs into independent, fast, reliable, and portable drives!
- Plug and play (PnP), no drivers needed.
- Solid aluminum construction for durability and maximum heat dissipation.
- Integrated temperature and health monitoring system.
- Tool-free magnetic fasteners for easy installation.
- Power adapter is required and included.
- Compatible with M.2 NVMe form factor sizes: 2242/2260/2280.
- Single SSD speeds of up to 1500MBps, software RAID up to 2500MBps.
Turn two NVMe SSDs into independent, fast, reliable, and portable drives! Plug and play, no drivers needed. Solid aluminum construction for durability and maximum heat dissipation. Integrated temperature and health monitoring system. Tool-free magnetic fasteners for easy installation. The required power adapter is included.
Thunderbolt™ 3 Speed
Single disk speed up to 1,500MBps.Software RAID speeds up to 2500MBps **. Don’t entrust your valuable data to devices that are only “compatible” with Thunderbolt™ 3. Sabrent is one of the only manufacturers and brands that are fully certified by Intel to use Thunderbolt™ 3 technology in their products. Don’t settle for anything less than the original!
* Performance will depend both on the speed of your NVMe disk and your system’s overall performance.
** RAID array is only possible via software.